AC Today is always ready to assist you with your air conditioning needs. Your air conditioner is a relief to have when the days are hotter. But there is one thing that could cause a damper on your comfort level; a constantly running air conditioner. When your system is working in overdrive to achieve the desired temperature, there is no reason you should have to struggle through it.
Below are several reasons why this is happening to your system. With the Florida heat constantly rising, your electricity bills shouldn't be rising too. AC Today has several air conditioning technicians who are trained and experienced to handle these situations before they escalate into something bigger.
Reasons Why Your Air Conditioner Runs Constantly
1. The Size of Your UnitIt is important to say that size does matter. A properly sized, energy-efficient air conditioning system will provide you with adequate cooling and heating all year round. When new systems are being installed, the technician must ensure proper sizing for your home. If the system is too small, it will continue to run to meet the need of your home's cooling demands. You will never achieve the desired temperature, even while the system constantly runs. If the system is too large, it will not effectively remove the moisture from the air. This results in a moist and clammy feeling in the air.
2. Poor Insulation or Air LeaksSealing is very important when it comes to efficiency. When components are properly sealed, the air will travel through your air ducts and flow throughout your home. However, if you have an air leak, you could be loosing your cool air before it gets to the vents. Your air conditioner would work harder to provide your home with the desired temperature. The scenario is the same for poor insulation. Any holes or poorly insulated areas would allow for air to seep through. You may even notice higher electricity bills because of these issues.
3. MaintenanceRoutine maintenance is the most important thing you can do for your air conditioner. It is vital for any large appliance as it is what helps your system perform efficiently. Your AC Today technician can advise you of a proper schedule for your air conditioner. Systems should have a maintenance inspection once or twice a year. The purpose of a maintenance inspection is to look over your air ducts, coils, fluids, air filter, replace worn parts, inspect electrical connections, etc. All components are inspected to prevent potential issues from escalating. Your technician will also clean components and lubricate parts as needed.
4. Faulty ThermostatMany issues can begin with your thermostat. Your thermostat is in charge of communicating with your system. When you adjust the thermostat, it tells your system to provide the desired temperature. However, there may times when the temperature is achieved, but the thermostat is not registering the current settings. In this situation, your air conditioner will continue to run due to the malfunction of your thermostat. Another thermostat issue is when it is located too close to an air vent. If constant air is blowing in the area of your thermostat, you may get a false reading.
5. Replace or RepairEvery system has a life span, even after following the proper maintenance schedules. At one point you may have to consider repairing or replacing your air conditioning system. Depending upon the issues your technician finds, AC Today will provide you with the options you have and the financial costs. Saving money is always in our best interest. AC Today also offers financing options if needed.
Issues can arise at any given time. Proper maintenance and care for your air conditioner is what it needs to continue running efficiently. Some issues mentioned above can be prevented or repair easily, if caught in time. As a homeowner, it is good to educate yourself about your air conditioner system. You can prevent issues from escalating and be aware of what signs and symptoms to look for. If you notice any issues, don't hesitate to call AC Today for a service call.