Don’t Accidentally Void your HVAC Warranty
There are many things to think about when purchasing a new HVAC system. How do I maintain it? Who do I call to install it? What size will suit my home comfortably? All of these are great questions. Here at AC Today, our HVAC contractor is always on hand to answer all of your questions. We want you to know that if you have recently purchased an HVAC system, there are a few important factors you should know regarding your warranty. A warranty is a contract that provides assurance in the event something were to happen to the product, the manufacturer or business will cover all repair costs. These warranties offer great options if you have followed the rules that are required within the warranty regulations. Being able to fall back on a warranty gives you and your family a peace of mind.
With several types of warranties that are offered with air conditioning products, it is important to know the basics of what is recommended. Even though all warranties are different in their own way, here are a few basic regulations you must abide by to uphold the warranty.
- Hire Professional Installers As simple as this sounds, it is a very important factor. Since this large complex system requires experience, the warranty company almost always requires a professional company to install the HVAC system. It is also important that your AC company is licensed, insured and bonded. If the company you are about to hire is not licensed, insured or bonded, you may have inexperienced laborers installing your system. That is never a good idea.
- Register Your System Whenever you receive a warranty for an item, it is important to register it, with the manufacturer. If there was ever a recall or default with the product you have, you will be notified. You are able to register the warranty online or by mail. The information will be given to you by the installation technician. Also, our HVAC contractor will provide you with all the information you will need to register the warranty. If you have purchased a home that has a transferable warranty, you must ask the seller how to transfer the warranty into your name. This is usually a simple process.
- Maintain your System One of the fastest ways to void a HVAC warranty is to neglect your system. The biggest factor of any warranty is to provide the required maintenance that is needed. Most HVAC warranties require you a certain time frame to have your maintenance checks completed by. If you fail to do so, you could void your warranty instantly. Our contractor will advise you of this time frame. We advise you to only let a professional inspect, maintain, replace or replace your air conditioning system.
- Using Authorized parts As minor as this sounds, this is an important factor when talking about warranties. Just like your vehicle, it is never a good idea to use "after market" products, this would void the warranty. It is the same for you HVAC system. The warranty company will not honor unauthorized replacement parts for your system.
- Keep your Records The best way to understand your warranty is to read the policy. Educate yourself as to what the warranty covers and what it does not. This way there will be no surprises if you void your HVAC warranty. It is also important to keep all of your receipts. If you purchase parts for your HVAC system, keep them all together for your records. That way, if you need to review your purchase, you have them at your fingertips.
Knowing what is required to keep your warranty in good standing is very important. You would not want to accidentally void your HVAC warranty because of something that could have been avoided. These few basic rules are only a small portion of the regulations that must be followed. However, we feel these few factors are the most important to discuss with our customers. If you have any questions regarding your HVAC warranty, feel free to contact us today.